Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Yay Mondays

Yes, I know it is no longer Monday. While I dread Mondays like everyone else (especially the Monday after Spring Break), Mondays are by far the most productive day of my week. I think the reason behind this is pure anxiety and guilt (again especially after Spring Break) is this. It is a vicious cycle. I work hard in the lab at the beginning of the week, towards the end I work on my lesson for Franklin that week, and then I spend a day in Franklin becoming completely neglectful of my lab duties. While many grad students, not in my lab, are working from sun up to sun down on the weekends as well, my weekends are lazy- full of sleep and computer gaming. After that, say 4 day, lapse in laziness and/or neglect for my lab work, Monday rolls around great anxiety in tow. When Monday hits, I work diligently to complete as many tasks for the week as I can. I should really space out the task over the week to reduce anxiety and apathy for my job in the following days, but I just can't. I am fine with sitting around, but I cannot sit around knowing I have a long list of things to do. I MUST get them ALL done on Monday. I know the reality is they can't ALL be done on one day for various reasons, but I try. None-the-less it makes for a very productive Monday which leaves me with a great sense of accomplishment and tired.

Tired- ah that is why I am up at 6:10 in the morning. I have really been up since about 2:30. I fell asleep on the couch about 10 o'clock, due to my very productive Monday, and then woke up around 2:30. I got ready for bed, climbed in and laid there for an hour (yes I say 'an' hour, so I write 'an' hour whether it be correct or not). Now I am here. The night started with productive work for school and has ended in this fabulous post.

On a side note, I am stressing out about a hotel room reservation. I am going to New Orleans in April for a scientific meeting. Normally we would share hotel rooms and split the cost. I don't want to share a hotel room and I think I have waited too long to look for a roommate. I would really rather stay with my Korean lab mate (who is male), than some girl I don't know, but I think that is social unacceptable. SO I am trying to find a room that is reasonably priced (100-150) in a nice enough hotel in hopes to save my lab some money. The secretary also booked flights for us without our consent, which is not a huge deal, but she booked us to stay 6 nights. The hotel bill alone will be quit hefty. I have spent hours over analyzing the situation, and I think I might just speak with my professor tomorrow. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Again I am tight, even with money that is not mine!

Well I think I am off, unfortunately to get ready for school. Even though I am really tired, I know if I go lay down for a few hours, I will not wake up until late this afternoon. Hopefully I can avoid another late night nap on the couch tonight, but that's doubtful. Hope you all have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment