Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Please oh, Please oh PLEASE!

I feel as though I am pregnant (I'm not) and I can't tell anyone because it is too early in the pregnancy (again, I am NOT pregnant) and something might happen. So by writing this blog I am sure that I will jinx myself, but alas I will write it anyway. So to make a long story short, I have been in grad school working on my PhD (with no Masters) for 4 years now. When I began I hoped to be done this May, but as my study start date kept getting pushed back, I knew that my May 2009 graduation date was no longer, we quickly passed by August 2009 as well, but December looked promising. Well I didn't get as many subjects as I had hoped this Spring, so I needed more participants in the Fall and there went December 2009 graduation. I had begun to accept the idea of a May 2010 graduation. Well yesterday my professor told me I could be done with my data collection after this group of women were through (which is in a few weeks) and I could begin writing my dissertation. He said I can count on and plan for a December 2009 graduation!! Now I can put the countdown back on my Facebook profile, heh. I will help someone in my lab with the next group of women in the Fall, but I will not need to include them in my dissertation. This being said, it might all change. And I know it's not a huge deal one way or the other. I just want to be done and officially have the degree, so I don't have to worry about anything happening to take it away from me. Thank you all for all of your support through the years. I will keep you posted and let me know when we'll be celebrating. Now back to work, so I can get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment